Education, support, and strategy planning to ensure that your child with a developmental disability or SED is supported through their Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan to receive an appropriate education. Services are designed to be family driven and support their ongoing role as self-advocates.
These services may include working with a school to get a child evaluated, understanding and using the law, how to communicate effectively to reach desired goals, strategies in obtaining an IEP for your child, support in attending IEP meetings, offering information on school policy and procedures, locating the person who has the power to make decisions, analyzing and resolving problems, settling valid complaints informally and through the proper procedures, and community training.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment please contact Rebecca Peters at 636.949.2425 ext. 221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual Assistance
- Individual Assistance Plan (IEP) Development
- Resolution of Discipline Issues
- Transition Plan Preparation
- General Problem Solving
- Assistive Technology
- Extended School Year
- Discussions to resolve your problems, without the use of administrative or legal procedures.
- Settling valid complaints informally and through proper procedures.
- Appealing your case within your school system, Department of Education, Children’s Division, etc. without litigation.
Support Services Offered
- Self-Advocacy Training for Parents and Teens (understanding and using laws effectively)
- Support Information
- Referral Services
- Resource Library
Disability and Mental Health Awareness
- Volunteer Opportunities